Thursday, April 5, 2012

Mixed review 4-5-12 (King Rat)




The 1st Item of the night is: Hayek and Habermas: Part I&II by Josh McCabe

This is so great! This is just what I've been looking for; a way to bring together the praxeology of the Austrian school of economics with that of the Frankfurt school of social research. And the conjunction was just where I expected it to be in their mutual rejection of positivism as it is applied to social science in favor of a more subjective approach. This is big, believe me! With the occupy movements rejection of the current banking systems fractional reserve (which the Austrian school theorizes) and their insistence on communicative democracy and economic justice (hallmarks of the Frankford school) this syntheses could have incredibly powerful implications. I so hope this possibility is explored. If you don't know what I'm talking about then stay tuned because I will explore it in upcoming posts, but until then check out this blog by Josh McCabe, he really hit the nail on the head!

And

The 2st Item of the night is: Habermas forum.

Jurgen Habermas is one of the foremost social theories alive today and has developed a mode of thought he calls communicative action theory. This is a potent resupply for uncovering society’s hidden personality and revolutionary potential. His ideas have been used by the occupy movement in deliberative actions you would have to see to believe.

This web set is a collection of writings by the man, and I hope you enjoy then and put them to good use.
 

The 3st Item of the night is: King Rat by Modest Mouse




Rat King was written in 2007 it seems that Sir. Isaac Brock has a crystal ball. To me Rat King could easily be about a whole slough of global scandals most occurring after the release of the song; the Banker ball out's of 2008("We choked on straight tap water well I'm going to have to try the real thing"), Deepwater Horizon oil spill 2010("Deep Water, Deep Water
Senseless Denial"), the Feds continual misallocation of wealth and the subsequent protests of cardboard waving occupation March Of This Year("I got fed like a fish on the cardboard smiles"), the home forecloses sense 2008("We spun like birds on fire right down towards the residence and I... I took all that I desired") and ofcures the song could be about on going scandals as well, whail pouching (I got fed like a fish, full of open smiles).  

No comments:

Post a Comment