Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Mixed Review 5-2-12(drinking bad coffee)

The Mixed review is a record of my daily(nightly) readings. I hope it provides a resource for your own projects and projections into the intricacies of our world.


The 1st Item of the night is: the life and times of d.a. levy.


D.A. Levy was a poet from Cleveland. For a long time sonic youth's NYC Ghost & Flowers was among my favorite albums, today through reading an article by The Funambulist( aka LĂ©opold Lambert) it was brought to my attention that one of the tracks from that album, Small flowers crack concrete, is about the D.A. Levy. I realized that I had never read anything by the man so I did some investigation, and indeed D.A. Levy is a vivid provocative of extravagant wit. Here are some Items in honor of his life.




Here is a  colection of Levy's writings: http://www.thing.net/~grist/l&d/dalevy/dalevy.htm


The 2ed Item of the night is: ZORBA THE GREEK (1/14) - Mikis Theodorakis, Nikos Kazantzakis.

No comments:

Post a Comment